Who are we?
We’re a rapidly growing team in the Silicon Valley construction space located in Campbell, California. We have a 30-year legacy in construction and our sole focus is on making a positive impact on the California housing crisis. At Acton, we design, navigate and build accessory dwelling units (ADUs), also known as backyard homes. These ADUs help create accessible housing options for thousands of homeowners across the Bay Area, while positively impacting people’s lives.
Ultimately, we strive to infuse Silicon Valley culture into a traditional industry. We believe in these fundamental truths:
We work together.
We care about people.
Who are you?
You’re a hands-on project manager. You’re a bags-on builder with excellent carpentry skills and the ability to: prepare, organize, process, and document information related to projects on a continual basis.
You take pride in your craftsmanship and in the end product, but also in the process and the positive effect you have on everyone you work with as a project proceeds.
More than anything you’re looking for a home and a team for many years to come. A team that will invest in you as much as you invest in them.
A successful Acton Lead Carpenter owns their work and manages customers, subs, and support carpenters. You’ll order materials and find creative ways to keep on schedule and on budget to complete high-quality work.
What to expect at Acton:
- You’ll have a voice – we listen to you and take ideas and feedback seriously.
- You’ll have interesting, challenging work – you won’t be bored.
- You’ll be on a happy team, in a happy environment where everyone feels free to be themselves and have their needs met.
Full-time employment with Acton Construction includes:
- Full health and dental insurance
- Above market wages
- Paid vacation
- Professional development
- An opportunity to be a part of a growing, developing organization
- A supportive, engaged staff in the office ready to support you in the field
But here’s what we really love about life at Acton Construction and Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please include a short paragraph on a job you’ve done that you found particularly rewarding.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.