You know you’ve got skills. Growing up you’ve always had a keen eye for design and now as a professional your finger in on the pulse of industry trends. You can spot mismatched furniture fabric and patterns a mile away. You instinctively know when walking into a room how it could be redesigned to get the most out of the interior space - both through form and function. You know how to create a customized vibe in anyone’s home and beautifully combine layouts, fixtures, textures, patterns, colors to create a masterpiece.
If this is you, our company is your next professional move. We are growing fast and interested in hiring an experienced Interior Designer to work at our Silicon Valley office. The Interior Designer will be part of a collaborative team of creative designers, architects, design assistants, and building professionals. You would have a flow of clients and be responsible for the creation of the visual design that both meets the client needs and expectations, and can be easily handed to our construction team to build and deliver. The Interior Designer serves as the main contact with our customers throughout the design project, and in addition to that, follows the production of the project and is “out in front” of the production crew with great design solutions.
You’ll get to show a ton of folks your skills and make a huge impact at one of the fastest growing design-build teams in the Silicon Valley.
- Follow and help improve the Acton Construction design process.
- Manage all aspects of the interior design by regularly conferring with the client to determine factors affecting planning interior and exterior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, lifestyle, family size, and purpose and function.
- Advise client on interior and exterior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of fixtures, appliances, or equipment, and color coordination.
- Select or suggest plumbing fixtures, accessories, appliances, colors, cabinetry, molding and other visual design elements.
- Coordinate with design subcontractors
- Manage the development of all interior design documents
- Coordinate with Design and Production Departments
- Present initial and final design to client for approval
- Staying up-to-date in industry standards by continuing education, participating in workshops, and continually learning about new design tools, techniques, trends, materials and processes.
- Resolve design problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Maintain a relationship with clients throughout construction.
- Compile project specifications
- Other duties, as assigned by the Design Department Manager.
- We prefer folks have some core skills and accomplishments including formal education or certification courses in Interior Design or related discipline and you earn extra credit if you have either LEED accreditation and/or NCIDQ accreditation.
- Consistently exhibit Acton Construction’s corporate values in all internal and external interactions, communications and decisions.
- Meet or exceed individual department and corporate goals for project gross profit.
- On time, complete and accurate designs, drawings and documents to meet or exceed project schedules, timelines and milestones.
- On time and accurate update of project in BuilderTrend and all other relevant paper and electronic systems, including update and management of allowance selections available to client.
- Communicate status of all assigned projects at least weekly and immediately report the completion of and changes to all assigned process steps.
- Hold vendors and subcontractors accountable.
- Collaborate with the estimator to bring design in on budget.
- Issues and all production design questions are resolved on a timely basis.
- Final authority on all recommended design elements.
- Direct or modify the use of Acton Construction physical and financial resources in assigned design projects within project budget.
- Obtain authorization from the Design Department Manager to exceed budget or profitability guidelines and obtain authorization from the Design Department Manager to add or modify staff or subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Manage day-to-day tasks and schedule to achieve project and organizational objectives and to meet timelines and budgets.
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter.
About Acton Construction
We take care of our team members:
Acton Construction is like no other company in its industry. The company has all of the things you’d expect, like a competitive salary; great medical, and dental insurance; generous vacation/sick leave policy; and a 401(k) program.
But here’s what we really love about life at Acton Construction and Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.