Why Acton Construction?
You want to make an impact.
You want a team to back your play.
You want to innovate, be creative, and grow in your career.
If this sounds familiar, we’d love to meet you.
At Acton, we thrive when we tackle challenges together. We take pride in designing beautiful, custom solutions for the many families we work with. But more than anything, we want to make an impact. An impact on housing in California, most importantly, a positive impact on the people who occupy the homes we build. That’s why we build ADUs.
On January 1st, 2017 the State of California took action to greatly reduce the restrictions and requirements to build Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs). This was the first giant leap towards helping alleviate the California housing crisis. And our founder, Stan Acton, took another.
As a passionate ADU advocate, Stan Acton committed to building a new division within Acton Construction, a division focused solely on navigating regulations, and designing and building ADUs to help homeowners.
At Acton, we are committed to revolutionizing the process for navigating these regulations so we can help people keep family close, invest in their future, and build better communities on their terms.
We live our values.
- Trustworthy - We are truthful, fair, reliable, and transparent.
- Respectful - We show respect; we earn respect.
- Accountable - We own the impact of our actions.
- Innovative - We improve and create value every day.
- Results Oriented - We are experts: on time and on budget.
- Resourceful - We are scrappy, practical problem-solvers.
- Friendly - We are genuine and care about people.
- Integrity - We do the right thing - always.
We invest in our people.
Acton Construction is like no other company in our industry. We have all of the things you’d expect like competitive salary; great medical and dental insurance; generous vacation/sick leave policy; and a 401(k) program.
But here’s what we really love about life at Acton Construction and Acton ADU:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are doers, because we know making a direct impact matters when it comes to achieving our mission of solving the housing crisis.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment.
- We have fun together at our weekly team meetings, company-sponsored family events, great culture and work environment, and a super cool CEO.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.
Join Our Team
We are always looking for great people to join our team.
If you don't see your position, but think you may be a great fit, contact us today.